so much to be thankful for

As the Thanksgiving weekend draws to a close, I am at home recovering from a minor injury at the studio. Or maybe not so minor. It happened this morning, and it is still hurting, and I might be out for a few days. It was a scary accident, one of those that happen so quickly, and one of those that could have been much worse.

But I am thankful for a friend that came over at a moment’s notice to take care of me, to drive me home. I am thankful for my family and friends that keep checking in on me. And, after the jolting experience of this morning, I am thankful for these simple peaceful moments from the past few days.
Berrie sniffing the ocean air, illuminated by the setting sun
the moment right after the sun blinks out at the horizon
the soft glow of porcelain in my cozy new home
the graceful wall sculpture made by my friend Paul