going to the NY Gift Fair, my first time

Many of you know that I left my full time job two years ago to focus on a career in ceramics. I can't say it's been easy, as I did this just as the Great Recession set in. But I thought, if I can survive during these tough financial times, my business is worth pursuing. It hasn't been easy, and has not been ceramics all the time. I had to supplement with freelancing graphic design, which I enjoy of course. And I have to say, all the work is paying off. Gleena has grown slowly, but steadily, with wonderful commissions from private clients as well as new stores ordering pieces.

I finally decided to make a huge leap and invest in a large trade show. This is my way of saying to the universe, "I want to do ceramics all the time!" I chose The NY Gift Fair due to the variety of vendors and buyers that assemble there. And I'm pretty excited, and a bit scared, to be a part of it. If you are in NYC that weekend, stop by my booth, No. 9103, it's all the way in the back, on the corner. I'll have some pretty postcards...