rainy sunday breakfast



I woke up to the rain pounding on my skylight. That sound immediately put me in a great mood. The light in my loft is beautiful on overcast days.

Breakfast is a time for me to ease into the day, read news on line, and enjoy pieces from my ceramics collection. Pictured above from left to right: a bowl made by Larry Bush, my instructor at RISD (he was throwing it away and I had to fish it out of the garbage), a Fiesta egg cup, a handmade tea pot I purchased at Studio Hop, a wonderful little store on Hope St., and a cup made by gleena.

how to make the perfect soft boiled egg
1. Fill a small pot with cold water
2. Place two eggs in the pot
3. Place the pot on the stove, and turn the burner to hi
4. As soon as the water comes to a rolling boil, remove the pot
5. Run cold water over the eggs
6. Place in an egg cup and serve with salt on the side