some days just need a chocolate and roasted beet
pudding cake boost, with photos by aran goyaga of cannelle et vanille

It is a gray, rainy Saturday in Providence, I’ve had a really long week, with a few sleepless nights, and I have to go into the studio to do work. I am having a hard time leaving the coziness of my apartment, and the coziness of watching my dog sleep all curled up in that very Berrie way she has. So instead of motivating, I am looking at Pinterest gleena search results. How very self-absorbed of me.

I knew I was doing the right thing... I found this by Aran Goyoaga, one of my favorite people, who immediately makes me feel better with her scrumptious recipes (gluten-free!):

Seeing my work (the spouted numbered bowl, and the butterfly platter) in Aran’s photographs motivates me to get to the studio to make more gleena. Even on a weekend. Off I go. Any second now.

Now who can I get to make me some of these chocolate and roasted beet pudding cakes?