a springy day for a spring sale

Yesterday ended up to be the perfect day for the annual RISD Alumni Spring Sale. Early morning threatened rain, but by noon, the sun peaked out and everyone's moods lifted. I very much enjoy these sales, they are so well organized by the ever patient Alan Tracy and his crew of helpful assistants. It is a time to catch up with old friends and to welcome repeat customers, many of whom tell me that they had breakfast or tea out of my pieces that morning. It makes me happy to hear that.

Cynthia Treen generously shared her table with me, and it was such a pleasure to spend the day in her cheerful company. Hours flew by in good conversation and steady selling. Cindy was selling her gorgeous skirts, her choice of patterns and color combinations are just stunning. I walked away with three that were on sale, a deal of the season. Here are a few tasty samples of Cindy's work.




Claudia Middendorf stopped by (check out her new Etsy store, Mathilde!), purchased a French-inspired skirt from Cindy, and brought us lunch. It was a completely delightful day, tainted only by my cell phone walking away with someone who took a liking to it. Oh well.