a great day at the flea


It was the perfect day at The Brooklyn Flea in Fort Green yesterday. A little bit overcast, with the temperature hovering around 70. Again I was surrounded by wonderful neighbors, saw some old friends and made new ones. It was such a good collection of vendors, handmade items mixed in with traditional flea finds. The crowd seemed to be in the mood to shop, which always makes it fun.

Thank you to Rob and Eric, the super organized organizers of this must visit event, for a nice write up in the Brooklyn Flea blog. I had such great traffic at my table as a result.

I did a bit of shopping myself, and scored with this stunning necklace made of antique glass beads from Bonbon Oiseau.

I feel very fortunate that Deb, the talent behind the gorgeous jewelry, wanted to trade for some of my pieces. That is my favorite kind of shopping.

Here are some inspiring displays and pieces I saw during my walk around the Flea (click on each image for a larger view). I recommend a visit of your own.

I want the red Mary Janes in the top row.

Great metal storage bins.

I want a series of these haunting abandoned toy images.

A beautifully rusted cake pan.

Yummy blocks of soap in a gorgeous display.

Inspiring graphic tins.

Great pattern on vintage cups. I love the way they stack.

How fun would it be to do a business card this way?

Beautiful tinted milk glass, can ceramics be glazed like this?