porcelain power

I would like to introduce you to three fantastic ceramists, making a living off their art, who I met on Etsy. Not only are they incredibly talented, they are also super helpful and supportive. I have turned to them with questions, and they helped me out tremendously. I am in awe of their attention to detail, and their ability to make clay sing.

I would like to start with Heather Knight. Her pieces are mesmerizing. Heather works with porcelain only, creating textures and shapes which remind me of underwater ecosystems.




Next is Stepanka, an incredibly prolific and versatile artist. She also works only in porcelain, and her work makes me happy. She is a designer, a painter, a sculptor, and she chooses clay as the canvas to show off her talents.



Whitney Smith keeps a fantastic blog that inspires me, makes me laugh, and provides a whole bunch of valuable information. She works magic on the wheel, throwing delicate porcelain pieces that are meant to be part of everyday living. Watch her dry-throwing demo here.