off to a good start

It's been less than a week since I left my job, but it feels like it has been months. Working at Martha Stewart was all consuming. My job involved a lot of travel, I commuted to Boston every day, and once a week I took a train to New York City. When I got home at night, all I wanted to do was sit on my sofa and stare at the wall. I was that exhausted.

Since last Saturday I have been working 12-16 hour days in my studio, trying to make as much as possible for my crazy week of sales. I am sleep-deprived, but very happy. What a huge difference to be putting this much effort into something I love. I'm exhausted physically and at the same time energized emotionally. My body is complaining for different reasons. Being an art director involved a lot of sitting on my behind, ceramics is the opposite. I need to give myself time to adjust to being this active for hours at a time.

Having left my full-time job, I feel like I got my life back. I got myself back. I took yoga the other day, finally having time to attend my favorite class taught by Shannah Green at Eyes of the World in Providence. I almost cried at how good it felt.