life at farm


farm sign was designed by Susie Nielsen

In a cozy Cape Cod town of Wellfleet, my friend Susie Nielsen has opened an exhibit space called farm. I am in awe of what Susie has done, and of Susie herself. Let me start with farm, which features artists embodying the following philosophy (from farm):
farm is being attentive to what we see. It is transcribing and transforming what is here. We act as a lens or filter. We are the inbetween. Between you and what they hear on the other side of your voice. We find possibility and create opportunity.


Kerry O'Grady's drawings on panels


Karry O'Grady installing her work, close up of one of the drawings.
Photographs courtesy of farm


The day Claudia and I came to visit farm, Kerry O'Grady was the featured artist. Kerry's subtle drawings, evocative of landscapes and the human form, envelope you as you walk through the intimate space. Susie has inscribed Kerry's name in the floor, practical as well as unexpected.



Susie Nielsen at farm

Now a little about Susie who I met at RISD while laboring through graduate school. Susie inspires me with her boundless energy to create. Whether it is a space, or a painting, or a postcard, her work is multi-layered, poignant, and resonates in the depths of my memory. Here are two of her creations:


farm (and Susie) is located at 15 Commercial Street, Wellfleet, MA