hello from france, and other places





photographs courtesy of Harmonie-Intérieure

This morning I received a very sweet email from Fabien Barral, who, with his wife, creates gorgeous typographical wall decals (view flickr images here). Their company is called Harmonie-Intérieure, which started as they began to decorate their country house near the central mountains of France.

Fabian's email read: "I really like your work/world and so want to share mine..." This made me particularly happy because that is exactly why I started my blog, to share my world and to learn about others'. Fabian's world is magical, how fortunate am I to have gotten a glimpse of it?

Fabian's email has inspired me to share some more artists, and their worlds, who I met through my blog:

Deb at your destiny is golden: Deb's writing is poetic and entertaining, she opens my eyes to the magic of everyday.

Cindy at quaint handmade: writes beautifully, and lately has been sharing her experiences in the digital photography class at ICP. Cindy's photography is a treat.

Brooke at inchmark: Brooke and I met at Martha Stewart, and have reconnected through our blogs. I am such a fan of anything Brooke makes, and writes, she is one talented lady. Her life is filled with stunning craft projects and lovely books.

Ulku who runs Irving Penn's fan page on Facebook: it was wonderful when Ulku wrote to me after I posted about her Irving Penn page on my blog. Ulku (a Turkish name) is originally from Ankara, but has lived most of her life in London. She has expressed interest in starting a blog, and I am so looking forward to when she does.